Saturday 31 January 2015

Day #34 - You ask for rhymes? I'm not sure you'll be happy with my answer



Writing about rhymes and English learning? For kids. No problem, but for teenagers and adults – there’s a big problem. I couldn’t find any interesting rhymes for that audience.

But if we look at the issue wider, there are some possibilities of using rhymes and learn English simultaneously. These are some examples:

  • Creating your own rhymes
  • Reading  and writing or translating poetry
  • Listening to song lyrics.

I understand it’s not much. Maybe you can give me some advice or at least some clues where, and what kind of rhymes I can look for? Please don’t hesitate to write some comments.

Meanwhile I’m going to write about the ways of using rhymes I found out. Just wait for next posts.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you. It is difficult to find rhymes to learn structures for adults. I try to create rhymes for time to time to teach children some English structures or vocabulary. They are very simple.
    Close your eyes.
    See your dreams.
    Flying cats, singing trees.
    Close your eyes.
    See your dreams.
    Writing cats,reading trees.

    My students add new adjectives to this rhyme....swimming, jumping, laughing, painting...and we have lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jola, excellent work.
    Inspired by you I also tried to create some rhymes.
    Examples in the next post.

    ReplyDelete