Wednesday 21 January 2015

Day #30 - Why Memrise is not actually Quizlet rival

As you can already know Quizlet and Memrise are tools which help to memorise and revise new words. The first and the second have some advantages and disadvantages. Because of that I usually use both of them for learning the same sets of words. And so far it’s working for me. Maybe it can be a solution for you too?

I like Quizlet for its:
  • Possibility of finding the definitions of the terms among those added by other users
  • Added audio with the pronunciation of the words – it’s American and it’s not natural human voice and yet it’s very helpful
  • Possibility of collecting sets in folders
  • Possibility of exporting and importing whole lists of words

I like Memrise for its:
  • More interesting and more suitable for me exercises
  • Algorithm of revising
  • Gamification which brings fun and motivate
  • More efficient mobile app


But how to use both tools without unnecessary additional effort? 
I usually create my sets in Quizlet – because of its automatic terms adding possibility.
And then I export the set of words to Memrise.


Click More and Export

I use defoult options

Click Bulk add words

Paste words and click Add button - that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment